Flowsheet Data Is Filed for a Canceled Administration when a nurse doesn’t complete the Dual Signoff Process.
- Dual sign off medication (heparin, insulin software calculator, Lasix CHF)
- Initial Nurse documents flowsheet rows
- Initial Nurse clicks accept but then clicks cancel signoff
Background: Epic will still save the flowsheet documentation. The nurse will need to delete this data.
- When the Dual Sign off Medication administration is cancelled for critical medications (e.g. heparin, insulin software calculator, Lasix CHF), this flowsheet data will need to be discarded.
- Epic window will appear saying to “discard” documentation – however, this is only for the MAR administration, and does not apply to the flowsheet row documentation (for example, the blood glucose values).
- The nurse will need to delete the documented data via the flowsheet activity.
- This is important so the data documented on the cancelled administration does not appear for the subsequent administration.
- Go to flowsheet activity and click on the magnifying glass to open flowsheet template tabs.
- Select the “MAR Edits” flowsheet template in Preference List tab.
- Find the documentation that needs to be deleted and delete each instant that is not correct.